Welcome! This site offers a variety of resources about Jungian Analytical Psychology. The Antioch University Seattle (AUS) Jungian Discussion Group monthly schedule is posted below (see schedule in right column). For questions or comments, please contact Ann Blake via AUS e-mail or stop by Ann's AUS campus office. You can also bring questions and comments to the AUS Jungian Discussion Group (see schedule in right column below).
See also:

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer 2013 Pilgrimage



As part of my annual quarter away from teaching at Antioch University Seattle, I am taking a 9-week trip to a variety of European countries. In support of discerning the focus and direction for the last third of my life, I will begin my summer travels by walking El Camino de Santiago de Compostela (The Sacred Way of St. James) in northern Spain with my Swedish brylling (cousin) Karin. We will walk for 35 days between early July and early August, 2013, planning to complete the 450 mile/790 km from St. Jean Pied-de-Port in southwestern France (near Biarritz) to Santiago in northwestern Spain (about 50 miles east of the Atlantic Ocean). Karin and I have been talking about walking a pilgrimage since first meeting each other in 2007. Our trip begins by crossing the Pyrenees Mountains—nothing like leaping headfirst into the deep end of the pool!
The impetus for the timing of this trip is my attending The International Jungian Congress in Copenhagen (Köpenhamn) in mid-August. http://cg-jung.dk/en/welcome-to-the-iaap-congress-in-copenhagen/
After the Congress, I will meet a friend in London. We will first complete a 5-day trek in Wales: The Pembrokeshire Coast Path. http://nt.pcnpa.org.uk/website/sitefiles/nt_page.asp?PageID=2
After our hike, we will return to London see the jolly old sights.  http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/RoutesLinksWalks/jubilee-walkway-walking-route
I will write now and then as I walk the Camino. I will access the internet occasionally when I am able to keep my eyes open after a long day of hiking. Blog address: abbelcamino.blogspot.blog
¡Buen Camino! Ruega por nosotros, por favor.
Bra Camino resa! Be för oss, tack.
Good Camino! Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment